- Mobile: 0876695969
- Email: email@example.com
- View my rates, terms and conditions here.
Amanda can be booked directly or via an agency such as:
Amanda Mohan is an Irish Sign Language Interpreter based in Bettystown. She has been working as a full-time interpreter since completing her Bachelor in Deaf Studies from Trinity College Dublin in 2013.
Her various working contexts include the general community interpreting sector, educational, conference, medical, religious and social settings. She has experience working with a wide range of demographics.
She is a former Vice Chairperson of the Council of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (CISLI) who are the professional body for sign language interpreters in Ireland, and a former committee member of the Drogheda Deaf Society and the Irish Deaf Youth Association.
Amanda is a registered interpreter with RISLI and an active member of CISLI.
Continuous Professional Development:
- Covid 19 Induction training- National Youth Council of Ireland (August 2020)
- Mental Health Awareness for Primary School Teachers- Jigsaw (June 2020)
- Remote Interpreting via Zoom webinar- Robyn Dean (April 2020)
- How do you like to be fed? Paul Belmont and Shaurna Dickson (March 2020)
- Building Resilience, CISLI workshop hosted by Janet Beck (Jan 2020)
- Role Space in Healthcare interpreting by Robert Lee (Dec 2019)
- Interpreting with Deaf Children –CISLI training (Feb 2019)
- ‘How to become an effective mentor’ – SLIS (Oct 2018)
- Children First training (May 2018)
- Conference Interpreting workshop by Jemina Napier (June 2017)
- Medical interpreting workshop by Tracy Daly and Cormac Leonard (April 2016)
- ‘The Powerful Voice Over’ Workshop from Irish Sign Language into English Facilitated by Liz Scott Gibson (Aug 2014)
- Alcohol and Drug Counselling, Distance learning course of 10 modules by Irish Training and Education Centre (ITEC, 2014)
- Team Interpreting Workshop Facilitator Andy Carmichael and Oliver Pouliot
- “Introduction to research on the grammatical properties of sign languages”, SignGram Training School. Facilitator Dr. Christian Rathmann, University of Hamburg.
- “Legal Interpreting: Setting the Scene”, one day master class Facilitated by Peter Llewellyn-Jones
- Justisigns Workshop on Demand Control Schema Facilitated by Robyn Dean and Robert Pollard
- Masterclass in “Interpreting in Mental Health Settings” Facilitated by Dr. Hanneke Bot, Lessius University
- Masterclass in “The Practise Profession Approach to Healthcare” Facilitator Robyn Dean, Heriot Watt University
- Religious interpreting workshop Facilitated by Frankie Berry, National Chaplaincy for the Deaf