- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View my rates, terms and conditions here.
Amanda can be booked directly or via an agency such as:
Amanda Mohan is an Irish Sign Language Interpreter based in Bettystown. She has been working as a full-time interpreter since completing her Bachelor in Deaf Studies from Trinity College Dublin in 2013.
Her various working contexts include the general community interpreting sector, educational, conference, medical, religious and social settings. She has experience working with a wide range of demographics.
She is a former Vice Chairperson of the Council of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (CISLI) who are the professional body for sign language interpreters in Ireland, and a former committee member of the Drogheda Deaf Society and the Irish Deaf Youth Association.
Amanda is a registered interpreter with RISLI and an active member of CISLI.
Continuous Professional Development:
- ‘Children First training’- HSELanD (August 2022)
- ‘Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your Horizons’- Helen Fuller, Linguist PD (July 2022)
- ‘Professional Supervision for Health and Social Care Providers’- HSELanD (February 2022)
- ‘Fundamentals of GDPR’- HSELanD (February 2022)
- ‘Interpreter Mentorship Course’- TIEM (September 2021- February 2022)
- ‘Autism in Deaf Children and Deaf Young People’- COMIC (February 2021)
- ‘Applying a Human Rights-Based Approach in Health and Social Care: Putting National Standards into Practice’- HIQA (April- July 2021)
- ‘Covid 19 Induction Training’- National Youth Council of Ireland (August 2020)
- ‘Mental Health Awareness for Primary School Teachers’- Jigsaw (June 2020)
- ‘Remote Interpreting via Zoom’- Robyn Dean (April 2020)
- ‘How do you Like to be Fed?’- Paul Belmont and Shaurna Dickson (March 2020)
- ‘Building Resilience’- Janet Beck (Jan 2020)
- ‘Role Space in Healthcare Interpreting’- Robert Lee (Dec 2019)
- ‘Interpreting with Deaf Children’- CISLI (Feb 2019)
- ‘How to Become an Effective Mentor’- SLIS (Oct 2018)
- ‘Interpreting Systems’- Dr. Christopher Stone (January 2018)
- ‘”What’s up Doc?” Conference on medical interpreting’- European Forum of Sign Language Interpreters (September 2017)
- ‘Conference Interpreting’- Jemina Napier (June 2017)
- ‘Medical Interpreting’- Tracy Daly and Cormac Leonard (April 2016)
- ‘”What Works?” Seminar on Supporting Students With Disabilities In 3rd Level’- Association for Higher Education Access & Disability (November 2015)
- ‘Using Demand Control Schema in Police Settings’ – Robyn Dean and Robert Pollard, JustiSigns (September 2014)
- ‘”The Powerful Voice Over” Workshop from Irish Sign Language into English’- Liz Scott Gibson (Aug 2014)
- ‘Alcohol and Drug Counselling’- Irish Training and Education Centre (2013-2014)
- ‘Team Interpreting workshop’- Andy Carmichael and Oliver Pouliot (October 2013)
- ‘Religious Interpreting workshop’- Frankie Berry, National Chaplaincy for the Deaf (July 2013)
- ‘Legal Interpreting: Setting the Scene’- Peter Llewellyn-Jones (June 2013)
- ‘Introduction to Research on the Grammatical Properties of Sign Languages’- Dr. Christian Rathmann, SignGram Training School, University of Hamburg (August 2012)
- ‘Interpreting in Mental Health Settings’- Dr. Hanneke Bot, Lessius University (April 2012)
- ‘The Practise Profession Approach to Healthcare’- Robyn Dean, Heriot Watt University (February 2012)