- Mobile: 0876695969
- Email: email@example.com
- View my rates, terms and conditions here.
Amanda can be booked directly or via an agency such as:
- Bridge Interpreting
- Context Interpreting
- Word Perfect Translations
Amanda Mohan is an Irish Sign Language Interpreter based in Drogheda. She has been working as a full-time freelance interpreter since completing her Bachelor in Deaf Studies from Trinity College Dublin in 2013.
Her various working contexts include the general community interpreting sector, educational, medical, religious and social settings. She has experience working with a wide range of clients of different ages and backgrounds.
She is currently a committee member for the Council of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (CISLI) who are the professional body for sign language interpreters in Ireland, and a former committee member of the Drogheda Deaf Society and the Irish Deaf Youth Association.
Amanda has received Garda clearance and adheres to the Code of Ethics of CISLI (cisli.ie)
She is currently studying an M.Sc. Equality Studies in UCD and volunteers with the Drogheda Support for Older People’s befriending service.
Continuous Professional Development:
- Conference Interpreting workshop by Jemina Napier
- Medical interpreting workshop by Tracy Daly and Cormac Leonard
- Alcohol and Drug Counselling, Distance learning course of 10 modules by Irish Training and Education Centre (ITEC)
- Voice Over Workshop from Irish Sign Language into English Facilitated by Liz Scott Gibson
- Justisigns Workshop on Demand Control Schema Facilitated by Robyn Dean and Robert Pollard
- Team Interpreting Workshop Facilitator Andy Carmichael and Oliver Pouliot
- Religious interpreting workshop Facilitated by Frankie Berry, National Chaplaincy for the Deaf
- “Legal Interpreting: Setting the Scene”, one day master class Facilitated by Peter Llewellyn-Jones
- “Introduction to research on the grammatical properties of sign languages”, SignGram Training School. Facilitator Dr. Christian Rathmann, University of Hamburg.
- Masterclass in “Interpreting in Mental Health Settings” Facilitated by Dr. Hanneke Bot, Lessius University.
- Masterclass in “The Practise Profession Approach to Healthcare” Facilitator Robyn Dean, Heriot Watt University.